The following committees consistute the various components of the AAC Council. If you are interested in serving on one of these committees or for more information, please contact Anne Hiller, firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Manager Leadership.
Program Committee is chaired by the President and at least two members of the council.
- The selection and presentation of the council’s scientific program(s) at the SNMMI Annual Meeting.
- Provide guidance and assistance to special committees involved in the SNMMI Annual Meeting program(s).
- Cooperate with the Education and Communication Committee in regard to the publication and announcement of the program(s).
Communications Committee consists of the Vice President, as editor, and at least two members of the council.
- The dissemination of at least two informational newsletters each year and a mailing of information and ballot for elections of officers and board members.
- The dissemination of information regarding council interests to council members and to the society.
- Cooperation with the SNMMI Program Committee in publication of the annual program.
- Management of the council’s listserv content.
- Management of the council’s Web site content.
- The development and implementation of educational initiatives, including symposia, meetings, lectures and workshops.
Business Development Committee consists of the Vice-President and at least two members of the council.
- Updating/tracking the financial numbers and interests of the council’s membership for projection of future needs.
- Drafting the annual business plan for the council’s president’s approval and subsequent submission to the society.
- Leading the discussions with respect to the future development of the council.
Finance Committee consists of the Secretary/Teasurer and at least two members of the council.
- Determining the budgetary needs of the council.
- Preparing the council’s financial reports for distribution and presentation to the AAC Board of Directors.
- Maintaining the council’s financial records.
Nominating Committee is chaired by the Immediate Past-President of the council and at least two council members appointed by the President with approval of a majority of the council board of directors. The Chair and members will serve for one year. The President is not a member.
The duties of the Nominating Committee include the following.
- Consider nominations for all offices of the council.
- Formulate a slate of candidates, numbering at least two times the number of each position available, for the offices of vice president-elect, secretary, and treasurer and the board of directors. This slate is to be circulated to the voting members for a mail ballot no fewer than 60 days before the council’s annual meeting, with the election to be completed under suitable supervision prior to the annual meeting. A place for write-in candidates will be provided for each position. Should a write-in candidate, on being notified of election to office, refuse to serve, the individual with the next highest number of votes will be deemed elected. One person will be elected to each office by a majority vote of the members.
- The Nominating Committee will include in its consideration for nomination any member of the council whose name is recommended by at least ten voting members of the council. The Nominating Committee will submit the slate of candidates to the council board of directors for approval. The slate of candidates shall be approved by a majority vote of the board of directors.
Membership Committee consists of the Secretary/Treasurer and at least two members of the council.
- Supervision of the council’s membership roster.
- Evaluation of benefits offered to members.
- Recruitment of new members.
Special Committees may be authorized by the board in accordance with procedures specified in “standing rules.” The number of members, functions and duration of existence of such committees will be determined by the council board. The members and Chair of these committees will be appointed annually by the President.