The following committees consistute the various components of the GCNMC Council. If you are interested in serving on one of these committees or for more information, please contact Sabrina Robinson, email@example.com, Senior Manager of Leadership.
Program Committee: The Program Committee consists of the President, the Secretary/Treasurer and the Clinical committee chairs.
The duties of the Program Committee include:
- The selection and presentation of a Council’s scientific program(s) at the Annual and the Mid-winter meeting. Propose CME and Categorical courses to SNMMI Scientific Program Committee.
- The Council may be called upon to make presentations for other meetings.
Communications Committee: The Communications Committee consists of the President and Secretary/Treasurer and other members of the Council as needed.
The duties of the Communications Committee include:
- The dissemination of at least one informational Newsletter each year, and a mailing of information and ballot for elections of Officers.
- The dissemination of information regarding Council interests to Council members and to the Society.
- Cooperation with the Society’s Program Committee in the publication of the annual program.
- Management of the Council’s list serve content.
- Management of the Council’s website content.
Finance and Business Plan Committee: This Committee consists of the Secretary/Treasurer and the President.
The duties of the Finance and Business Plan Committee include:
- Updating/tracking the financial numbers and interests of the Council’s membership for projection of future needs.
- Drafting the annual Business Plan for the Council’s President’s approval and subsequent submission to the Society.
- Determining the budgetary needs of the Council.
- Preparing Council’s financial reports for distribution and presentation to Council Board of Directors.
- Maintenance of the Council’s financial records.
Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee consists of the Council’s immediate Past-President, who serves as Chairperson and at least two Council members appointed by the President. The Chair and members will serve for two years. The President is not a member.
The duties of the Nominating Committee include:
- Consider nominations for all elected positions of the Council.
- Formulate a slate of candidates, numbering at least two times the number of positions available.
- Submit the slate of candidates to the Board of Directors for approval. The slate of candidates shall be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- The slate of candidates will then be circulated to the voting members for a mail or electronic ballot, not less than sixty days before the annual meeting, with the election to be completed under suitable supervision prior to the annual meeting of the Council. A place for write-in candidates will be provided for each position. Should a write-in candidate, on being notified of election to office refuse to serve, the individual with the next highest number of votes will be deemed elected. One person will be elected to each office by a majority vote of the members.
Clinical Committees: (Including, but not limited to) Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary, Infection, Musculoskeletal, Pulmonary, and Renal
The duties of the Committees include:
- Increase awareness of the importance and role of nuclear medicine in their respective sub specialized area of general nuclear medicine.
- Promote appropriate utilization of imaging and non-imaging procedures for general clinical nuclear medicine.
- Support clinical trials to advance evidence-based medicine in these areas.
- Work with the SNMMI Committee on Guidelines to update, or write new guidelines, and attempt to standardize procedures.
- Propose CME and categorical courses in their respective areas to the Program Committee who will submit the final selections to the SNMMI Scientific Committee for the Annual and Mid-winter Meetings
Chairs for the Clinical Committees are council members appointed by the President of the GCNMC.
2012 - 2014 Clinical Committee Chairs
Musculoskeletal – Helen Nadel, MD
Hepatobiliary – Harvey Ziessman, MD
Endocrine – Pradeep Bhambhvani, MD
Pulmonary – Leonard Freeman, MD
Infection – Timothy Manzone, MD
GI – Kevin Donohoe, MD
GU – Tip Taylor, MD