The following committees consistute the various components of the AC Council. If you are interested in serving on one of these committees or for more information, please contact Helen Leonard, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Committee: The Program Committee consists of the President, Vice President and at least one member of the council.
- The selection and presentation of a Council’s scientific program(s) at any educational program
- Provide guidance and assistance to special committees involved in the annual program(s)
- Cooperate with the Communication Committee in regard to the publication and announcement of the program(s).
Communications Committee: The Communications Committee consists of the Vice President as Editor and at least two members of the council.
- The dissemination of at least two informational Newsletters each year, and a mailing of information and ballot for elections of Officers and Board Members.
- The dissemination of information regarding Council interests to Council members and to the Society
- Cooperation with the Society Program Committee in the publication of the annual program.
- Management of the Council’s list serve content.
- Management of the Council’s website content.
Operations Committee: The Operations Committee consists of the Secretary and at least two members of the Council.
- Updating/tracking the financial numbers and interests of the Council’s membership for projection of future needs
- Drafting the annual Business Plan for approval by the RPSC Board of Directors and subsequent submission to the Society.
- Manage Operating Procedures
Finance Committee: The Finance Committee consists of the Treasurer and at least one member of the Council.
- Determining the budgetary needs of the Council
- Preparing Council’s financial reports for distribution and presentation to Council Board of Directors
- Maintenance of the Council’s financial records
- Updating/tracking the financial numbers and interests of the Council's membership for projection of future needs.
- Assisting the Council President in drafting the annual Business Plan/Budget and subsequent submission by the Council President to the Society.
Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee consists of the Immediate Past-President of the Council, who will serve as Chairperson and at least two Council members appointed by the President with approval of a majority of the Council Board of Directors. The Chair and members will serve for one year. The President is not a member.
- The Nominating Committee will consider nominations for all offices of the Council.
- The Committee will formulate a slate of candidates for the offices of Vice President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Board of Directors. This slate is to be promptly circulated to the voting members for a mail ballot, not less than sixty days before the annual meeting, with the election to be completed under suitable supervision prior to the annual meeting of the Council. A place for write-in candidates will be provided for each position. Should a write-in candidate, on being notified of election to office refuse to serve, the individual with the next highest number of votes will be deemed elected. One person will be elected to each office by a majority vote of the members.
- The Nominating Committee will include in its consideration for nomination any member of the Council whose name is recommended by at least ten voting members of the Council. The Nominating Committee will submit the slate of candidates to the Board of Directors for approval. The slate of candidates will be approved by a majority vote of the Council’s Board of Directors.
Membership Committee: The Membership Committee consists of a member of the Council Board of Directors and at least two members of the Council.
- Supervision and maintenance of the Council’s membership roster
- Evaluation of benefits offered to members
- Recruitment of new members
Internship Committee: The Internship Committee consists of the President of the Council and at least two members of the Council, appointed by the President with approval of a majority of the Council Board of Directors,
- Review the slate of candidates for the Council Internship position and vote, by majority, to select the most appropriate individual.
- Approve a member of the Council, selected by the Council President, to serve as mentor to the intern.
- The mentor will prepare the semi-annual reports of goals and accomplishments for the President's approval and submission to the Society's Committee on Councils.
Program Coordinators Committee: The Program Coordinators Committee consists of a Chairperson and Committee members; the number and composition of the committees will be selected by the Program Coordinators Chairperson. The Program Coordinators Committee is an advisory group to the Academic Council Board of Directors.