October 14, 2003
SNM's Coding and Reimbursement Committee Files Comments on Medicare Part B Payment Reform
"Dear Administrator Scully:
The Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM) representing more than 14,000 physicians, physicists, scientists, pharmacists and nuclear medicine technologists, appreciates the opportunity to comment on the August 20, 2003 proposed rule on payment reform for Part B drugs. Medicare Program 42 CFR Parts 405, Federal Register, Vol. 68, No. 161, 50427.
The SNM offers comments and recommendations on the following topics addressed in this proposed rule:
- Radiopharmaceuticals are drugs;
- Approaches to Revising the Current Payment System;
- Proposed Changes in Physician Fee Schedule Payment for the Administration of Medicare Covered Drugs including;
- Socioeconomic Monitoring System (SMS and Supplemental Survey Data);
- Nonphysician Work Pool (NPWP); and
- Issues Related to Budget Neutrality
- The Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR);
- Rulemaking Process—Notice and Comment Issues..."
10/14/2003 Download the Full Comments